Your business website is essentially your storefront, business card and most significant marketing piece all rolled into one. How it affects your visitors and customers is then essential to your success. Provide a memorable experience and customers are sure to return time and time again. Let’s take a look at three keys to creating a website that sells.
Key #1 – Make your website interactive.
As the internet continues to grow and evolve it’s becoming more important to create a community around your business. To accomplish this you want to engage your visitors and customers. This can be accomplished a number of ways. You can:
- Post surveys or polls
- Enable visitors and customers to review or rank items. For example a “How valuable was this article?” question and a scale of 1 to 5 stars or a ranking from 1-10.
- Host contests and sweepstakes
- Publish video and audio content as well as written content. This gives users another way to access you and your personality.
WE Tweetable – Click to Tweet >> As the internet continues to grow and evolve it’s becoming more important to create a community around your business.
Key #2 – Make sure your website provides value.
People go online for a number of reasons. They go online to research a potential purchase, to seek solutions for a problem they’re having and to be entertained. If your website provides all three; products, information, and entertainment then you’re in tip top shape. The good news is your content can provide both the information and the entertainment and when written well, can also inspire purchases. Here are a few ideas to provide value for your customers and prospects:
- How to articles, videos, and audio
- Tips articles, videos, and audio
- Case studies
- Workbooks and reports
- Interviews with experts
- Product reviews
WE Tweetable – Click To Tweet >> Content can provide both information and entertainment and when written well, can also inspire purchases.
Key #3 – Make your website easy on the eyes.
Ever visit a website and the text was so small or the colors so incompatible that you couldn’t read a word? Readability is critical to a selling website. Make sure:
- Your colors are easy on the eyes,
- Your graphics aren’t distracting
- And keep formatting like underlining, bold and italics to a minimum.
- Spacing between sentences and paragraphs is adequate
- Font size is large enough for people to read and font is easy to read
Creating a website that sells requires a structured approach and a desire to create the best experience possible for your visitors. Once you’ve created your website, consider testing it and asking associates, friends and family for their opinion.
WE Tweetable – Click To Tweet >> Creating a website that sells requires a structured approach and a desire to create the best experience possible for your visitors.