For women entrepreneurs in nearly any field, product creation is the best way to:
- Reach a wider audience
- Grow your brand
- Earn more profits
So why aren’t more coaches and service providers adopting the product creation strategy? Like you, they’re stuck in the process, unsure of the steps to take to create a great product. Here is a simple blueprint to follow for creating your first digital product in a single afternoon:
Step 1: Identify a Need
As a coach or service provider, you have great insight into the wants and needs of your ideal client.
You chat with her on Facebook and Instagram, answer her email questions, respond to the comments she leaves on your blog, and even work with her one-on-one.
What is it she needs the most help with right now?
This is the product you should be creating, because you already know you have a built-in audience.
Step 2: Gather Your Documentation
If you’ve been in business for just a few months, chances are you already have all of the answers required—all you have to do it organize it.
Some places to look for content you can repurpose include:
- Your blog
- Your emails (and autoresponder)
- Your client calls
- Your social media accounts
- Your YouTube channel
- Your personal checklists and worksheets
All of these things (and many more) can be edited and organized into a comprehensive product that solves a serious issue and you can do it in less time than you might think.
After all, you already have the bulk of the work done!
Step 3: Create the Solution
Now that you have your content, it’s time to put it together in a way that will make sense to your audience.
- Write a Kindle book? This is a great option for solving a very focused, single problem. Even better, Kindle books offer a fabulous opportunity to reach a wider audience.
- Create a membership site? Upload your worksheets and checklists to a course site, add instructional videos and audios each month and–BAM! you have a membership site and recurring income too.
- Offer a group coaching program? Add personal time with you to your membership site and you’ve got an instant group coaching program. Not only that but you’ve dramatically upped the value (and cost) as well.
Your choice will depend largely on the scope of the solution. Is it a simple answer that can be explained in a few pages or is it a complex issue that requires several weeks of work?
Creating a product doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming.
Sure, you can design a massive, all-inclusive course if you like, but when you’re just getting started, that’s a daunting prospect. Instead, work with what you already have and you’ll have your first product up and selling in no time.
JOIN US THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27th TO HEAR MORE ON THIS TOPIC!
Latest posts by LaTanya Martin (see all)
- Three Easy Steps To Creating Your First Digital Product! - February 1, 2020